Did I buy this purely for the name? Why, yes. Yes I did.
" If you put enough pressure on c o a l ,
it turns to p e a r l s ! ”
comfortable in many verses
exceedingly knowledgeable about books and movies
friendly mun who thrives on crossovers and angst
many years of roleplaying experience
You guys, I just.
I have so many feelings right now, and I’m not sure how to process them. Let me just have a stream of consciousness moment, here, okay?
On the one hand, I kind of wanted the movie to follow the book, in having Effie imprisoned in the Capitol, BUT, on the other hand…
OH MY GOD, I SO FREAKING NEED FOR HAYFFIE TO INTERACT AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE. THEY ARE LIKE, MY LIFE’S BLOOD. HAVING HER IN 13?! I JUST DON’T KNOW HOW TO DEAL. I think it’s going to be wonderful. I don’t know exactly what to expect, but whatever it is, I’m sure we’re going to love it.
I can’t wait to get back into all the fic-writing and the flailing and the wonderfulness.
Caesar: Effie Trinket is flawless.
Johanna: I hear her wigs are insured for $10,000.
Finnick: I hear she does fashion commercials…in District 1.
Cinna: Her favorite victor is Haymitch Abernathy.
Peeta: One time she met President Snow at a ball, and he told her she was pretty.
Katniss: One time, she yelled at me for not having manners. It was awesome.
“Well, it serves them right. It’s their job to pay attention to you. And just because you come from District Twelve is no excuse to ignore you.” Then her eyes dart around as if she’s said something totally outrageous. “I’m sorry, but that’s what I think,” she says to no one in particular.
THE WHISKEY AND WINE NETWORK:
The Whiskey and Wine Network is a network Aidah and I have created purely for those who ship Haymitch Abernathy and Effie Trinket. It will be a private area for Hayffie shippers to come together, share headcanons, gain advice and just essentially ship Hayffie as a community.
If you used to participate in the weekly Hayffie chat we used to have while back you should definitely apply as it will have many of the same features. But of course even if you have never experienced any type of group chat this is a good opportunity to get to know your fellow shippers :)
Rules - How to apply:
- Mbf myself and Aidah
- Reblog this post (likes do not count but you can use them to bookmark)
- It would be super cool if you could make a post on why you would like to join the network and tag it with #whiskeyandwinenetwork (although this is optional)
- This post has to get above 20 notes
- The deadline to reblog is 24th May 2014.
- Members will be announced June 1st.
What we’re looking for:
- You need to ship Hayffie! That’s pretty much the main requirement.
- You need to have your askbox open so we can contact you.
- If you’re the type of person who loves to discuss the ship with other shippers you should definitely apply
- Also you have to be cool with either giving Aidah or myself your email (the one linked to your blog) so we can invite you to join if you’re accepted
What you’ll gain if you’re accepted:
- A safe and private area to discuss Hayffie whenever and however much you want.
- If you’re pretty quiet on the Hayffie tag this will be a brilliant opportunity to meet new people!
- Also just general network perks e.g. reblogging posts/selfies, gaining followers/friends when meeting other members etc
That’s about it! Please do not be afraid to apply, the fandom is pretty small and there’s a good chance you’ll get accepted so don’t worry.
We’re hoping the creation of this network will help the fandom get to know each other better and bring us closer over the love of our two favourite characters :)